£35000 - £60000 per annum
15 days ago
Are you a passionate and talented Mechanical Design Engineer looking to make a significant impact in the field of aerospace technology? Join a leading organization dedicated to innovation, safety, and excellence in design. We are a pioneering force in the aerospace industry, renowned globally for our expertise in integrated escape systems.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will play a key role in our mission to uphold the highest standards of engineering excellence. Your responsibilities will encompass generating design concepts, ensuring compliance with regulatory and customer requirements, and adhering to international and military standards, as well as our own organizational standards.
Depending on Experience leading teams we have a Senior mechanical design engineer role. This would be higher end of salary advertised.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Project Team to define engineering tasks required for new and existing products.
- Translate customer performance-based specifications and regulatory requirements into engineering specifications.
- Conduct trade studies to identify the most cost-effective engineering solutions while optimizing manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Perform essential performance and structural calculations through hand calculations and software tools.
- Create top-level design layouts for the development of detailed parts.
- Organize and lead design reviews, as necessary.
- Produce and maintain engineering Product Definition Information (PDI) following established procedures.
- Consult extensively with colleagues, relying on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Develop and maintain cost and mass models for products.
- Prepare and deliver design review presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate various detailed reports, including CE marking technical files and load and stress reports.
- Verify engineering drawings for functionality and correctness, ensuring compliance with Engineering Drawing Best Practice.
- Create high-quality 3D models suitable for downstream use in CAM and CMM (Inspection) software.
- Generate a variety of engineering documents, including mass reports, costed BOMs, and DFMEAs.
- Provide support for trial installations and participate in 'voice of the customer' visits.
- Conduct clearance and interchangeability analysis as required.
- Prepare retrofit and modification.
Specific / Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in design software, including 3D CAD modelling.
- Competence in MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with finite element techniques.
- Experience with tools such as NX, Teamcenter, ANSYS, Strand7, NX Nastran, LS Dyna, ADAMS, TK Solver, MathCAD, SAP ERP system, and MBA design policies, processes, and procedures is beneficial.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Successful management of design projects under tight time and quality constraints.
- Experience in the complete design process, ideally involving the design of machines or test equipment with CE certification.
- Familiarity with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, engineering drawing layout according to US/UK standards, product costings, and analyses.
- A strong understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Proven capability in creating and delivering presentations.
- Knowledge of US Military standards /UK Defence standards, patents demonstrating innovative designs, and experience in Aerospace/Defence or similar design are advantageous.
- Awareness of electrical and pneumatic devices, with the ability to select suitable gearboxes, motors, switches, valves, etc.
- Experience in gaining product CE certification.
If you are a driven Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for innovation and a commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team. Shape the future of aerospace technology with us!