£25000 - £40000 per annum
8 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £40,000 (dependant on experience)
Based in Stansted, Essex
An exciting opportunity to join an international engineering company with offices in the UK, Ireland and Sri Lanka providing Design, Production and Maintenance services to customers around the world. This organisation are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team environment, carrying out modifications and repairs on all large and small aircraft types, including Boeing and Airbus platforms in the areas pf structures (metallics and composites), avionics and cabin interior.
- Providing crucial support to the design team office, the Head of Design and Head of the Office of Airworthiness.
- Designing, compiling and reviewing technical drawings and documentation as required by Part-21. Disciples include Cabin Interiors and/or Structures.
- Contribute to the development of proposals
- Working with other Design Engineers and our 21.G and 145 departments to successfully deliver on Design and contractual outcomes.
- Qualified in a recognised Aeronautical discipline, or significant technical experience in aerospace design
- A track record of working on Airbus, Boeing and other aircraft types in a design capacity
- Must possess an understanding of verification of certification programmes and compliance documents.
- Experience working as part of an UK CAA or EASA Part 21 Subpart J organisation would be preferred but not mandatory
- Able to provide evidence of previous active participation in design and/or design certification processes, and/or component or equipment development and qualification programmes
- Experience working with popular CAD packages such as Auto-CAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Fusion 360
- Proven experience providing technical leadership to small teams in a design office environment
- Able to travel to European and global destinations as project requirements dictate
- Confident to conduct aircraft surveys worldwide, preferably with experience of working on aircraft
- Sound task and time management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and a demonstrated history of working directly with customers at a technical level
- Ability to live and work in the UK - KNSI will not be able to arrange Visas for this position
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.