£32000 - £38000 per annum + Corporate Package inc. Bonus, Share Scheme
about 1 month ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
A global high tech electronic components organisation are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to grow and develop their career with the platform to progress internally with first class learning and dvelopment available.
As a Mech Design Engineer you will provide mechanical design support for the Test Team involved in developing and supporting custom mechanical solutions to enable manufacture and test of components across the company. The focus is on the mechanical CAD of apparatus and fixtures used for the deployment test systems in Operations and R&D. You will be responsible for the mechanical design of specialist tooling for the manufacture and test of semiconductor optoelectronic devices.
Your core skills and competencies
* Previous experience in the design of multi-part assemblies
* Experience generating 3D models and 2D engineering drawings using SolidWorks or other CAD packages
* Able to generate engineering drawings to BS 8888 standards
* Ability to act on initiative and prioritize workload to meet business needs
* Knowledge of manufacturing/assembly processes, techniques and design for manufacture
* Understanding of GD&T specification
* Thermal and stress simulation (SolidWorks)
For more information apply now