Mechanical Design Engineer
City of London
£40000 - £60000 per annum
6 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D)
Up to £60,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
Based in London, E1
A developer of high-performance metamaterials is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing R&D team working on component and system prototyping and design.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing electromechanical and opto-mechanical systems and building system prototypes, whilst supporting the rest of the engineering team by bringing concept ideas to life.
- Design electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical systems.
- Rapid prototype using 3D printing.
- Support the rest of engineering team in quick prototyping creating engineering setups in the laboratory.
- Operate prototyping and mechanical workshop tools (film cutter, laser cutter, 3D printers, drills).
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to develop medical product prototypes.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Characterize design performance to verify that engineering requirements are met.
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements.
- Produce, test and evaluate designs.
- Evaluate final product's overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Support safety practices in the office and laboratory areas, including preparing/reviewing documentation and coordinating with other team members
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field i.e. Mechanical Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years experience designing system components with 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g. Onshape, AutoCAD, Solidworks, ProEngineer etc.)
- Strong understanding of core concepts, including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, material science etc.
- Experience using machinery tools i.e. 3D printers, laser cutters, drills
- Hands on experience with CAE and CAM, preferred.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.