£40000 - £45000 per annum + Hybrid working
9 days ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £45,000
Based in Uxbridge
An exciting opportunity to join a high precision engineering company, most recognised for being a global manufacturer within the aerospace sector. This organisation is seeking a new member to work within the Mechanical Engineering department as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and manufacture of parts and components for mechanical/electro-mechanical equipment.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing Martin-Baker products.
- Supporting the Team Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance-based
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc. to support design development.
- To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.
- Producing and maintaining engineering PDI in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Developing and maintaining cost and mass models for products.
- Producing and presenting design review presentations to internal and external customer
- Produce quality 3D models, suitable for downstream consumption by CAM and CMM (Inspection) software.
- Degree or similiar qualification in a relevant field e.g. Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
- Design engineering experience, ideally within aerospace/defence/automotive industries
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Good knowledge of materials and process used in the aerospace sector or equivalent
- Product lifecycle/configuration management software
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.