£25 - £30 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
6 month contract
Commutable from Redhill, Reigate, Crawley
Security is becoming a bigger and bigger market and we are currently working with a client offering leading products on a global scale to ensure a safer world. Not only will you be working in a growing market you will be working on the production of designs for complex systems including hydraulics, fabricated structures, sheet metalwork and machined components.
Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities:
- Produce general arrangement and assembly drawings/instructions
- Design and develop detailed mechanical components and assemblies from concept through to production.
- Ensure mechanical designs include support for electrical and other system components
- Be responsible for design sign-off to the manufacturing group
Mechanical Design Engineer qualifications and experience:
- Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks experience with a proven track record in the design of fabrications, sheet metalwork and machined components
- Designing jigs and fixtures
- The ability to work with 2D design packages such as AutoCAD
- 3D Modelling
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production
- A HNC in mechanical engineering
For more information apply now.