Horsham, West Sussex
£34000 - £38000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Mechanical Engineer x2
Located in Horsham
£34,000 - £38,000
Permanent and contract roles are available
A world leader in the Engineering/manufacturing sector are looking for a highly skilled Mechanical Engineer. They need someone who wants to be involved in a fast expanding working environment and has a real interest in working with new technologies.
The role is a vital part of the company as you will be solving, improving and verifying product designs, so you would need to have a good attention to detail. They need someone who has strong technical knowledge and working knowledge of mechanical engineering tools to ensure the designs meet the requirements.
Key responsibilities - Mechanical Engineer - Horsham
- Support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials engineering.
- Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Provide input to DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes to enable identification of product risks.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
- Engage in team-based solving of engineering problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Develop materials and designs through the procurement and internal manufacturing processes on to test and post-test analysis.
Experience/Skills - Mechanical Engineer - Horsham
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics, hydraulics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD programs, a product data management tool such as DDM and drawing standards such as BS 8888.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate and "APPLY NOW"