£30000 - £36000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
8 months ago
Company: High Technology Manufacturer
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Mechanical Engineer: The successful candidate will provide mechanical design support for the Hardware Test Team by developing and supporting custom mechanical solutions to enable manufacture and test of electro-optical components across the company. The focus is on the mechanical CAD of apparatus and fixtures used for the deployment test systems in Operations and R&D. You will be responsible for the mechanical design of specialist tooling for the manufacture and test of semiconductor optoelectronic chip devices to be used across several manufacturing stages from wafer, bar, chip-on-carrier, gold-box and module.
A global manufacturer of high tech electronic components whose use touches many areas of our lives. They have a strong focus on research and development and a drive to remain the market leader.
Your core skills and competencies
* Previous experience in the design of multi-part assemblies
* Experience generating 3D models and 2D engineering drawings using SolidWorks or other CAD packages
* Able to generate engineering drawings to BS 8888 standards
* Ability to act on initiative and prioritize workload to meet business needs
* Knowledge of manufacturing/assembly processes, techniques and design for manufacture
* Understanding of GD&T specification
* Thermal and stress simulation (SolidWorks)
Apply now and I will call you to discuss this role in more depth