£22000 - £26000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Up to £26,000 basic
A global manufacturing business specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of static tension and / or compression testing machines is looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their Assembly team based in Redhill, Surrey.
In this role, you will mechanically assemble and build "material testing" machines, mechanical and pneumatic grips and other precise instruments, mechanically fitting parts including wiring looms and electronic displays.
- Competent use of Pillar Drill, Manual Lathe and other associated tool room equipment.
- To complete all paperwork and documentation required ie Employment, Time sheets, works orders, etc.
- To organise and keep tooling in good order.
- To assist with annual stock count.
- Keep work station and area clean and tidy.
- To liaise with other Department Managers and company members and communicate in a polite manner and provide assistance to other staff.
- A requirement to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Solid Mechanical Engineering background
- Close tolerance assembly skills in a machine build environment
- Be competent with machine shop precision measuring equipment i.e. micrometers and verniers
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, general assembly drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Able to operate a variety of hand/machine tools.
- References and confirmation of previous experience
- Working knowledge of all relevant current Health and Safety best practice
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.