over 1 year ago
NATO Application 3rd Line Support SME (Contract)
Corsham based Apps Support role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must be DV Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction.
The role holder works with no supervision and is a knowledge leader with depth of specialization across a wide range of systems. They support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. May supervise other members of the team and act as team manager if needed.
Experience of NATO Applications support
*NATO FAS Apps
*XMPP Chat systems
* Installation and integration of software packages - capability to understand how they are deployed and configured, what is being changed by the install and be able to translate this to create and update installation ripts
* Identify configuration properties, where they are located and suggest how they can be safely changed
* Deployment of JAVA based products and understand issues of co-existence of versions
* Basic Networking understanding - Ports Protocols such as WMS and KML (mapping and overlays)
* PKI Certificates (creation and installation in both Windows and JAVA environments)
* Databases: MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, Installation and configuration not SQL programming
* Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 & 10, VMWare Hosts, Solaris
* Windows Policies