Up to £65000 per annum + 10% bonus
about 1 month ago
Job title: Network Architect
Location: Hampshire/Hybrid (2/3 days per week on site)
Salary: £65k plus 10% bonus (10% DV bonus also available)
SC security clarence is required for this role
I am looking for a Network architect for a client of mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector. As a Network architect you will work closely with the Solution Owner to produce design documentation on a wide variety of network solutions, which vary in size and complexity.
- Work with the customer to understand their requirements and needs, and then create network solution proposals aligned with the technology environment that pass internal governance first time.
- Design and engineer solutions and produce design collateral that comply with architectural guidelines and meets all requirements.
- Support the solution through resolving any implementation, delivery and operational challenges, including analysing alternatives, overcoming issues and mitigating risks.
- Take lead role in technology component and stack selection, including creating capacity sizing models for solution design decisions, reliability models for holding spares and data engineering to support evidence based decision making.
- Support the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs to timescales within all workstreams (main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Project Manager, customer and Solution Leads.
- Experienced in analysis of customer requirements and associated tooling, with demonstrable network design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Practical skills and knowledge in Networking, and Network Management. Specific technical skills include Juniper or Cisco certification (switching and configuration), network encryption and tunnelling technologies, SNMPv3, intrusion detection and prevention, background in secure network design, SSL interception.
- Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Firepower IDS and IPS
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this avert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829