£55000 - £60000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Network Design Engineer
Will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with a developed vetting
Salary: Up to £60,000KPA DOE
This is a great opportunity to provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex services for one of their prestigious Defence customers. You will be tasked to ensure that high level analysis and design work for new initiatives is carried out in order to estimate resource requirements, decide on feasibility and produce high level costs.
- Work with delivery teams and partners to break technical requirements down into appropriate pieces, and to identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
- Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
- Advise on, technically lead and implement delivery projects, providing guidance and mentoring in technical delivery and software architecture but also continuing on as an embedded DA resource within the project team or service.
- Ensure the service offer thoroughly considers customers' needs and a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time, rewarding success
- Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Firewall Configuration and Management
- IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation)
- Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
- Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration, Active Directory design , SCCM / SCOM deployment
- Linux based OS Administration
- Experience of new WAN technologies such as Ectocrypt blue and Nexus switches.
- ACI, NSX
- Currently holding full Government DV Clearance