Network Design Engineer x 2 - Permanent - please apply below to discuss salary details!
Basingstoke - DV / SC Cleared
CCNP / Cisco ASA / Firewall / Network Design / LLD
Your role will involve:
* Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
* To support the Project Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs.
* To take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and Live environment
* Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
* Provide input into reports ,when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers
* Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
* Willing to undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design
* Excellent network configuration experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
* Juniper accreditation level JNCIS-ENT preferable; Juniper JNCIA-Junos minimum
* Cisco accreditation CCNA preferable
* Excellent knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and Cisco IOS
* Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
* Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
* Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
* VRF and VLAN configuration
* SVI/RVI configuration
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
* AAA configuration
* Access lists configuration
* IP Addressing design
* Network troubleshooting
* Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
* Firewalls skills, specifically Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation