£400 - £500 per day
about 2 years ago
Network Designer - DV Cleared or SC Cleared
6 Month Contract
£400-500 DOE per day
The Network Designer/engineer will provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex services. Ensure that high level analysis and design work for new initiatives is carried out in order to estimate resource requirements, decide on feasibility and produce high level costs.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the end to end technical design and ensuring alignment to the strategic technical architecture.
- Work with delivery teams and partners to break technical requirements down into appropriate pieces, and to identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
- Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
- Advise on, technically lead and implement delivery projects, providing guidance and mentoring in technical delivery and software architecture but also continuing on as an embedded DA resource within the project team or service.
- Provide mentorship for software developers and junior software developers
- Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement.
- Building web and mobile products to serve a variety of citizens' needs.
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Be actively involved in the maintenance of the client's Enterprise Architecture models according to industry and the client's best practice.
- To work closely with security teams to ensure that security risks are fully identified and appropriate mitigations are delivered.
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Weigh up data from various sources, recognising when to bring in experts/researchers to add to available information
- Ensure the service offer thoroughly considers customers' needs and a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time, rewarding success
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
- Weigh up priority and benefits of different actions and activities to consider how to achieve cost effective outcomes
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Maintain strong working relationships with other design authority members to ensure consistency and coherence across projects and practices.
- Coach and support colleagues to take responsibility for their own development (through giving accountability, varied assignments and on-going feedback)
- Establish and drive intra and inter team discussions to learn from experience and adapt organizational processes and plans
- Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Firewall Configuration and Management
- IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation)
- Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
- Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration, Active Directory design , SCCM / SCOM deployment
- Linux based OS Administration
- Experience of new WAN technologies such as Ectocrypt blue and Nexus switches.
- ACI, NSX
Primary Location : United Kingdom-Salisbury, with some travel to Portsmouth required