2 month initial contract
Based in Northampton
£400 - £500 per day DOE
OSI / Aruba / Composable Fabric
Hands-on role that will be responsible for the build, test and implementation of all aspects of the user and core/DC network, ensuring high standards of build quality, repeatability and delivery are maintained. They need a network engineer that is proficient across the OSI stack, particularly switching at level 2 and 3. Obviously our environment is moving to Aruba and Composable Fabric. At the perimeter we have PaloAlto firewalls so knowledge of this would be advantageous. Future implementations of PRTG and Clearpass so experience in these products would be nice.
* Experience working in a comparable role in an enterprise environment.
* Demonstrate and foster a collaborative team approach and interact well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice.
* A practical individual who is also comfortable strategizing and dividing their time between project work, support and maintenance.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with continual demands and changing priorities.
* Strong, confident, self-motivated and willing to take ownership and accountability for the current and future core technology stack in operation at MBGP.
* Used to working and adhering to the ITIL Framework for Service Design, Transition and Operation.
* Demonstrable documentation skills including HLD, LLD, user training and technical how to documents.
* OSI stack
* Composable Fabric
Experience in the following being good:
* PIM Sparse Mode