£400 - £450 per day
almost 2 years ago
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £400 - £450 per day
Managing the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support end client products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
· Ensuring that the global network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
· Provision of third line support for the Service Delivery and Infrastructure Technical Services Team.
· Conducting technology and network assessments, including solutions to enhance or create new business opportunities, integrating multiple technologies.
· Managing implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
· Knowledge of LAN/WLAN/WAN support for voice, data and video networks at Access and Core network locations
· In depth technical knowledge of Cisco products and technologies (Nexus, Catalyst 65xx, 38xx, 9xxx, IE Switches, VSS, ASA, WLAN and ISE), McAfee Firewalls, F5 technologies & Riverbed WAN Acceleration as well as advanced network routing and switching technologies.
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing, VPNs, QoS, layer 2 and layer 3 VLANS. Concepts include, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, HSRP, NAT, 802.1x, 802.1q and 802.1ah
· Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, UPS, etc.
· Strong router, switch and IP configuration experience is necessary.
· 5 years' experience working in high pressure IT environments
· CCNA qualified
· CCNP qualified
· Practical experience in troubleshooting large scale MPLS networks
· Knowledge and experience of next generation networking technology (ACI, SDA, SDWAN, TrustSec, Stealthwatch, Hyperlocation )
· Experience of ISE for profiling and posturing devices on campus networks