£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
Full time permanent
Security Clearance Level DV
Salary to £48000.00
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
The organisation is a European leader in digital transformation, which provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Trusted by leading organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Working in Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's Public and Private sectors. Fostering a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
Bring your Network infrastructure expertise to us and in return, we offer an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best-kept secrets in I.T. This large IT Estate are looking for a Network Infrastructure Engineer for a unique opportunity to work in collaboration with the existing team on a complex assignment where you will take on networking responsibilities for our diverse MoD customer as a member of the Connectivity Team. With previous experience in maintaining an enterprise level estate using Cisco related products, both physical and virtual, you will be key in the support of our client's infrastructure whilst providing technical support in the delivery of projects. This role maybe suited to a Server Infrastructure Engineer with a Cisco CCNP accreditation and experience with Software Defined Networking environments.
- Configuration of clients network Infrastructure: Routing, Switching, Firewall across all networks
- Communications, Storage and Wireless technologies) across all networks
- Major Incident Management
- Investigate network faults, security and performance issues
- 2nd/3rd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression
- Liaise with Third Party service providers for LAN/WAN provision and maintenance
- There may be a requirement for ad-hoc out of hours working (weekday and weekend) in support of the client's network and delivery of projects, including travel to other sites.
You need to have:
- CCNP accreditation
- Knowledge of Software Defined Network
- High level of in depth knowledge and experience using Cisco technologies - to include but not exclusively;
- Strong Routing/Switching skills Both IOS/NX-OS.
- Strong Firewall skills - Cisco ASA
- Working knowledge in support of Cisco Unified Communication applications and devices
- Working knowledge in support of Cisco Wireless networking applications and devices
- Working knowledge in support of asymmetric encryption key management and installation
- Exposure to a multitude of networks both physical and virtual
- Full UK Driving Licence as travel to other sites will be required
- DV Clearance (or eligibility) is essential for this role
It would be great if you had:
- Network management application knowledge/development (Cisco Prime/OpsView/Nagios or similar)
- VMware vCentre/Orchestration knowledge
- Experience of Linux Servers
- Experience of Python Scripting Language
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role.