Network Engineer (Contract)
Basingstoke based Network Engineer role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must have live and active DV Clearance in place currently.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
The Network Engineer shall provide expert infrastructure Network Engineering support for network technologies LAN and WAN remotely to deployed sites Hubs and Points of Presence (PoPs) across all security domains within the NSoIT(D) System.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Must hold one or more certification(s) in JNCP - ie JNCIE - SP, JNCIP - SP, JNCIS - SP, JNCIA-Junos
* Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
* Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
* Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Desirable Skills Required:
Cisco Certified Network Associate.
* Previous experience of network design.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.