£500 - £600 per day
5 months ago
£500 - £600 Per day
We are looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer in an exciting and critical LAN/WAN environment delivering technical service in a dynamic ITIL environment.
The Role You Will Play:
The actual work you will perform consists of a blend of operational support alongside the specification and implementation of new network infrastructure as part of a large, diverse, skilled and collaborative team. Occasional travel to customer sites may be required. Keeping an eye on the technology landscape is essential, too - identification of new and relevant technologies to solve problems and make improvements is part of the job. We believe innovation is the lifeblood of customer value - we are all catalysts for innovation and improvement and committed to continuous improvement in everything we do.
* Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, to both design and 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a CCNP and CCDP level.
* Hand on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing,
* Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting OTV, VPC, VDC, STP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, QoS and other key mainstream protocols
* Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting of MPLS networks
* Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto, ASAv and UTM Firewalls
* Platform focus: Cisco Nexus 3k, 7k, 9k, ISR, 6800, 3750, 3850 series.
* Proven experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine in a dot1x wired environment coupled with wireless and Guest Portals
* Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
* Ability to run design workshops with internal and external teams
* Be an escalation point for high severity complex problems and incidents
* Experience in ITIL ICT service delivery on critical infrastructure
* Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
* Experiencing in patch management including analysis and deployment