£400 - £500 per day
11 months ago
Network Engineer (Contract) - OUTISDE IR35
Length of Contract - 12 Months
£400 - £500 per day
Based in Corsham with some remote working due to Lockdown
The Network Engineering Service will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components which form the backbone of the NSoIT(D) Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- The design, development, building and validation of all networking components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform.
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
SKILLS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
- Hierarchical IP Subnetting.
- Routing protocols, internal and external, OSPF, and BGP.
Advanced knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Core network technologies and infrastructure:
- Cisco Nexus
- Cisco IOS XE
- Leaf and Spine network architecture
- VXLAN Overlay networks
- Dual Cloud Dual Hub DMVPN Solutions
- Firewall IPS/IDS
- AAA Management Platform e.g. ISE
- TRL Crypto
- Configuration of devices and management of keymat
- All aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
- At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification - at least CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar.
- Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Network Virtualisation)
- Experience working in Defence, particularly Naval and ideally with Defence Digital
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
- Competency in MS Office Suite