City of London, London
Up to £400 per week
about 2 years ago
Project Manager - Networks
£400 per day
3 Month Contract + Likely extension
Will need to undergo DBS clearance
Responsible for managing network upgrades and installation projects for local government organisations in London. This includes emergency services and local councils.
Has responsibility for planning and managing small to medium-sized projects that may significantly affect the organisation (up to £2M). Supervises the work of more junior Project Managers and other project staff and will work with external consultants and suppliers to ensure that their project is delivered on-time.
Has defined management responsibilities for project team, involving people, budget and planning. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management methodology with a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. risk and network management processes).
- Evaluates, sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solutions may require some new planning and resource elements.
- Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
- Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client or internal business benefit.
- Must have proven ability to build stakeholder relationships at senior levels and manage these to achieve defined business aims (e.g. GM and above or prime external customer).
- Appropriately manage 3rd party suppliers in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Directs and manages on all elements of project and should guide more junior project staff.
A broad commercial awareness of the company's products and services as compared to competitors.
Holds operational responsibility for planning, financial and budgetary control, end results and setting decision frameworks within the defined boundaries of a specific project.
Autonomy to decide the achievement of all project needs, both resource-based and financial.
Will only need to seek higher authority on any matters that exceed budget limits or are perceived as outside scope of project activities
- Qualified member of a recognised project management body (Prince2, APM, PMP)
- Experience of project delivery and stakeholder management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties.
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threaten to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
- Will have had five to seven years' experience of managing network installation projects with knowledge of Cisco voice and data technologies, working with Openreach, WWAN, LAN and WAN.
- Delivering major projects to local government organisations with value up to £2M.
- Experienced user of, and/or accredited in a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince2 or APMP.