CDI - 1174468_1652456593
£45000 - £70000 per annum + depending on experience
11 days ago
Job title: Network Security Consultant
Location : Bristol (hybrid 2/3 days a week on site)
Salary: £45 - £70k depending on experience plus 10% bonus
Security clearance at SC level is required for this role
I am recruiting a Network Security Consultant for a client of mine to join their pre-existing Defence security team where your technical security skillset and experience can be utilized. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team and take advantage of outstanding training and development opportunities.
You'll have the following responsibilities:
- Be the authoritative lead on building the right security solutions of single or multiple technology towers from customer requirements
- Provide end-to-end security information assurance governance, leadership, accountability, and ownership for technology towers throughout the pre-sales and delivery life cycle
- Implement cyber risk mitigation strategies in relation to customer's business risk management
- Define and create pre-sales and post sales technical collateral
- Develop and manage customer relationships and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Extensive knowledge and experienced of applying information assurance and security architecture in communication and network environments, covering:
- IP Networking (L1-L7), including Service Provider WAN technologies and solutions.
- MPLS, VPLS, BGP, OSPF, GRE tunnelling, encryption, media conversion (IPS/IDS/packet capture).
- Network security; perimeter security, encryption, authentication, and sensors.
- Optical networking, DWDM, SDH/PDH and OTN designs.
- An understanding of networking vendor technologies, solutions, and products (e.g. Cisco, Ribbon, Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet).
- An ability to specify, manage and present third party assurance testing, including ITHC and CTAS together with creating correction plans following testing.
- Knowledge of TEMPEST architecture and solutions.
- Experienced in conducting, producing, and responding to cyber risk assessments (ITHC, RMADS, ISIM, IA standards, NIST).
- Experienced in working in major public industry sectors; Defence (MoD) and/or HM Government departments or agencies.
- Working knowledge and experienced in HMG MoD compliance and security policies (JSP 604, 440, IA Standards).
- Experienced in identifying and mitigating security risks, and problem-solving for information systems and technology architectures.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829