£570 - £600 per day + Inside IR35
about 2 months ago
Network Solution Architect
£570-£600 per day inside IR35
The Solution Architect Specialist will be the accountable Technology lead for the high-level design of end to end strategic and tactical architectural solutions for multiple cross-company, cross-functional, highly complex services, products, projects, and programmes. They are also Accountable for the impact assessment and defining the scope of the solutions created for all technology systems, services, and platforms across multiple domains.
They will ensure that the architectural solution meets cost, quality, time and benefit criteria, maximising efficiency where possible without compromising quality.
- Propose technical solution and seek design assurance approval at appropriate stages of the strategy, demand, and delivery processes.
- Accountable for assessing and providing solution input and costings for DAD or IFD responses (in consultation with relevant Design Authorities, Test/Labs and relevant EA if appropriate).
- Accountable for producing the technical proposed end to end solution design (TAD) in consultation with the relevant DAs, SAs and EAs.
- Participate in vendor selection exercises (which would be principally driven by the DA
- Engage domain DAs to assess the impacts on their systems and document these in the Engage Domain EA to agree any updates to the strategy, target, or roadmap as a result of the engagement with the project.
- Producing designs that are aligned with Enterprise Architecture and strategic directions
- Working with design, project management and testing teams to assess nature of the change, the solution and costs.
- Assist in escalations by the Prime EA for issues with the proposed solution or its alignment to strategy.
- Work with Business Analysts to refine the business requirements and provide a technical compliance to business requirements.
Skills required for the job
- Some knowledge of mobile and converged networks architecture and functions, and corresponding standards bodies in the industry
- Analytical Thinking - problem solver
- TOGAF / ITIL and CCNA qualifications desirable.
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Experience you would be expected to have
- Experience of Producing End to End Solution Designs ideally in a telco environment.
- IP design skills e.g., CCNA/IP networking preferred.
- Practical experience of designing/planning/ testing/ operating a 5G / LTE / 4G /3G/2.5G / Cs networks.
- Designing / Planning / Testing / Supporting any of the following services: VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoIP, MMS, SMS, Push to Talk, ESN, Content Based Billing, Mobile Content Delivery, Adult Content Filtering, IN Service design.
- Familiarity with IT provisioning, billing, CRM solutions.
- TOGAF and/or ITIL practitioner.