Network Support Engineer (Permanent)
London based Network Support Engineer role
Must currently hold live DV Clearance.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
You will be working as part of the WAN/LAN Support team. The team support MoD infrastructure throughout UK and overseas on a 24/7 basis. Based in London, the Network Support Team support a bespoke communications system.
Responsibilities & Skills
* Takes ownership of incidents and progresses them through to resolution.
* Able to work in a team or on their own with no or very little supervision.
* Ideally hold certifications in Networking technologies CISCO, Juniper.
* Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
* Good knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, voice, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially Juniper, experience of network implementation work.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Ability to work at short notice (within reason) when required
* Participate in a call out rota/over time where required.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate.
* Previous experience of network or voice communications.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.