£55 - £63 per hour + Inside IR35
about 1 year ago
SC Cleared NOC Engineer
Working within an ITIL based service management framework to manage the network services component.
* Expected to take ownership of network related faults/tickets, assist other technology teams to troubleshoot issues and document any resolution.
* Reporting to NOC manager, then Network Client Capability leader and interface with service delivery manager to ensure the appropriate focus is in place to deliver the service.
* Proactive network management.
* Identify and promote technical best practices.
* Represent networks in change board.
* Incident Management, escalation and be the primary point of contact for all LAN/WAN/Firewall issues.
* Implementing approved changes in line with best practices.
* Maintaining agreed quality assurance and upkeep of all relevant documentation.
* Strong LAN/WAN/Firewall technical skills across multiple site network
* Strong technical documentation and communication skills.
* Good understanding of IT security and associated processes.
* Strong working knowledge of HP Comware and/or Cisco IOS on router and switch platforms.
* Good administration experience on multi-vendor firewalls (Juniper, McAfee and Checkpoint).
* Strong network troubleshooting.
* Good network security principles (incl cryptography)
* A willingness to work in a team to meet tight deadlines.
* Dynamic working attitude and strong problem solving skills.
* Good written and verbal English skills.
* Technical Requirements / Components:
o Hardware Setup (Appliance & Switches)
o Juniper, McAfee & Checkpoint
o Network Load Balancing - F5 LTM/GTM
o HP Enterprise level switches and routers
***Please not current active SC clearance is required for this role***
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please send your updated CV.