Up to £1 per annum + Company Benefits
9 months ago
Do you want to work in a global high-tech company that's one of the key players in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector?
The client provides you with the opportunity to work on meaningful and high-calibre projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within an established, award-winning company. Within Support & Service Solutions (S3) is an exciting and rapidly growing line of business focused on customer product and service support, product improvement and ground breaking research and development.
Provide technical leadership and expertise in the co-ordination, design and implementation of robust obsolescence management strategies and solutions, continuously developing S3(UK) obsolescence management capabilities. Own issues associated with the delivery of Obsolescence Management Solutions developed for integrated operational support (IOS) and S3(UK) support service programmes. Manage, conduct and deliver obsolescence management tasks as required to ensure that the performance demands of S3 (UK) business programmes are met.
* This role will involve you in significant travel within the UK, Customer and Supplier / Partner sites. A limited amount of overseas travel will also be required.
* Must be PC literate, and familiar with MS Office suite, especially MS Excel and MS Access.
* Commercial and business awareness.
* To develop and maintain the S3 (UK) Obsolescence strategy and capability.
* Provide technical leadership, assistance and direction on obsolescence business strategy, measurement, approach and resolution.
* Assist the VP Engineering S3(UK), in developing and maintaining the core obsolescence management capabilities of the business; ensuring that overall business issues are identified and addressed.
* Develop and co-ordinate the S3 (UK) obsolescence manpower forward load across the full breadth of its business activities ensuring resource need is matched to demand.
* Co-ordinate, manage and control the obsolescence budget for S3 (UK) programmes and PV, contributing to the regular monthly performance review. Working closely with Functional Managers, recruit and develop staff on a matrix basis as required to meet the business programme demand.
* Prepare/review cost and manpower estimates and responses to proposals.
* Contribute to proposal generation, customer liaison.
* Represent S3 (UK) at internal and Customer reviews as required and maintain close links with the external obsolescence community - industry, universities and European International Institute of Obsolescence Management (IIOM).
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Knowledge of obsolescence modelling, prediction tools and techniques.
* Able to undertake technical problem-solving activities in obsolescence management using their comprehensive expertise, knowledge and experience.
* Familiarity with in-service support principles and with experience of confident and challenging participation in engineering project design and peer reviews.
* Can become a recognised subject matter expert in the field of obsolescence management within the defence market.
* Good communicator who is able to engage with internal and external customers at a senior level to ensure customers' expectations are being met.
* Monitors industrial developments in the field of obsolescence management and is able to assess technical and commercial impact on the business for continuous improvement.
* Significant avionics in-service support business experience in a support planning and implementation environment would be an advantage.