A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Project Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, your main purpose will be to ensure that the company's manufacturing team are effectively trained, managed, developed and deployed in fulfilment of both customer and company objectives in compliance with the latest Employee Health and Safety legislation. You will also actively review performance in a metrics driven environment and initiate continuous improvement programs to support manufacturing at the lowest total cost.
Within this role you will:
- Ensure that all Environmental, Health and Safety & company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Deliver the orders on hand to our KPI targets (including On Time In Full and Late Backlog), hold regular production meetings with relevant staff to ensure output targets are understood and met, addressing any exceptions to plan with robust corrective actions. This activity to be monitored with the flow down of clear goals supported by relevant metrics which are published to staff at all levels and in all disciplines.
- Establish and model clear team leadership in the manufacturing area. Help manage and motivate the programme teams along with Production and Engineering managers.
- Work with Production Managers to ensure that TMC's are met or bettered throughout the life of the project.
- Develop the Ops programme management process, infrastructure & resources. Highlight conflicts in a timely manner. Provide clear reporting of manufacturing progress against agreed plans clearly identifying all risks and mitigation plans to relevant stakeholders
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant vocational, academic qualifications and/or experience will be considered equally.
- Minimum of five years in a manufacturing leadership position in an electronics or related industry
- Experience with microelectronics in an aerospace and defence environment would be beneficial.