CDI - 1200500_1657794138
£600 - £650 per day
7 months ago
Job title: Order Management Software Developer
Contract: 6 months+
Location: remote (some travel to Bristol is required)
Rate: £600 - £650 per day inside ir35
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through security clearance at SC level
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK's defence supply chain. Working with the IS Operations team the role will sit alongside Testers, Software Developers and engineers. The OMS Developer will play a key technical role in the delivery, support, and maintenance of our IT solution. With a strong focus on IBM Sterling OMS, including Java development.
- Act as a developer, integrator, and analyst for complex and technically difficult assignments; collaborate with other developers working on production issues.
- Participate in application walkthroughs and in peer code reviews for conformance to standards.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Consistently apply Information Technology software standards and help to establish department specific standards.
- A good understand of Build and Deployment best practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following: OMS development and integration, Java Development
- Demonstrated experience in implementing solutions within IBM Sterling OMS
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle 11g database query development, optimization, and tuning
- Minimum of 3 years solid Java EE 6+ experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in full disciplined SDLC lifecycle frameworks and methodologies
- Experience of working in Agile/Scrum working environment
- Exposure to IBM DataPower servers, clustering, and resource configuration
- Proficiency in using test tools and automated unit test tool frameworks to support development
- Proficiency to ETL Tools (preferably IBM DataStage, Oracle SQL Loader)
- Experience of AWS would be beneficial
- Exposure to WebSphere MQ,IB, and ESB servers, clustering, resource configuration
- Exposure to Sterling suite - OMS/Control Centre.
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, RESTful API, etc.), CSV, JSON, JMS, SQL
- Key Results Areas:
- Adhere to Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework (MODAF) policy and guidelines as the Architecture Framework that captures and presents information in a rigorous, coherent and comprehensive way
If you are interested in this orle or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829