£50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent benefits
over 1 year ago
Photonic Integrated Circuit Design Engineer
+ World leading Integrated Photonics company
+ Northampton - Relocation assistance available
+ Negotiable around £60,000 + Pension, Medical
PIC Design Engineer: You will be developing world-leading optical components for use in ultra-high data rate systems for cloud data centre, 5G mobile and coherent telecommunications optical fibre networks.
You will be involved with:
- Product development of new and improved photonic devices and photonic integrated circuits (PICs), for coherent detection and direct detection systems above 100 Gb/s.
- Research and development of photonic III-V semiconductor device technologies, design methodologies, fabrication techniques and systems applications
- PIC device design & modelling (optical waveguides, semiconductor materials and physics, RF, and others), followed by experimental characterisation and performance investigation
A global manufacturer of high tech electronic components whose use touches many areas of our lives. They have a strong focus on research and development and have been at the forefront of their market for over three decades.
- Specific experience of work in optics, optoelectronics, semiconductor technology, solid state physics, electronics or telecommunications.
- PhD in physics, electronic, electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Ability to use scientific and engineering reasoning in a wide range of situations
- Specialized knowledge and skills in relevant areas (e.g. semiconductor device physics, design, testing, electronic design, software development).
- Specific relevant areas of previous experience include semiconductor materials and devices, semiconductor lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers (SOA), optical modulators, detectors, photonic integrated circuits (PIC), PIC design software, microwave/millimeter-wave RF, and 10/40/100G circuitry.
- Optoelectronic component/wafer processing (desirable)
- Knowledge of III-V wafer processing techniques (desirable)
Private Healthcare, Holiday Purchase, Pension contributions matched + 3%, income protection, relocation package
Apply now and I will call you to discuss this role in more depth