Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Share Incentive Plan
5 months ago
Platform Infrastructure Engineer
- Partly remote (2 days per week in the office) but can be flexible
- (Preferably an hour commute) from Leeds, Crawley, or Worthing
- Permanent, Full-time
- Paying up to £55, 000 p/a
This is a technical Azure Cloud Engineer role, working to support the Credit Services business by deploying and managing cloud hosted platforms and applications within a dynamic, fast-moving financial technology environment.
The Credit Services develops market leading loan management applications for the finance industry which it provides to customers on a hosted basis, primarily in Microsoft Azure. The company employs highly experienced staff most of whom have extensive knowledge of both the finance industry and the technologies required to deliver effective, modern software solutions.
This role is suited to experience Windows Infrastructure & Azure Cloud Engineers (at least 5 years) who already have a good level of technical understanding (including DevOps technologies) but are keen to use and develop their skills further.
There is also a requirement to participate in an On Call rota and for completing some activities outside of business hours.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
- Day to day management and operation of The Credit Services platforms across public cloud hosting platforms.
- Automation of infrastructure builds, configuration, software deployments and platform management through the use of DevOps tools and approaches.
- Work collaboratively with IT and Credit Services IT teams providing day to day platform support and contributing to ongoing platform improvement activities.
- Deployment of new, and updates to existing, client facing test and production platforms, working with internal project teams and external clients as required.
- Whilst core hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, must also be willing to work flexibly to support out of hours activities and will be expected to join a 24x7 On Call Rota.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good technical experience and understanding of infrastructure principles and architectures.
- Good technical experience of deploying and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform across cloud environments - most notably in Microsoft Azure.
- Good technical experience of deploying and managing platform as a service (PaaS) platform across cloud environments - most notably in Microsoft Azure.
- Good technical experience configuring and running automated software and server deployment tools (e.g., Terraform, Windows Powershell, WindowsDSC, Octopus Deploy, Puppet, Git, AzureDevOps)
- Good technical experience administering Windows Server technologies (e.g., windows server, AD, GPOs, RDP, Terminal Services, Windows Clusters etc), covering Server 2012 platforms upwards.
- Good technical experience supporting .Net / IIS applications from an Infrastructure (rather than an Application Development) perspective, working with .Net 4.5 and IIS 7.5 upwards in particular.
- Technical experience of managing and deploying container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good technical experience using and managing Microsoft Sql Server (as an infrastructure administrator).
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to design, deploy and manage joint IT service solutions.
- Good knowledge of information security practices within the financial services IT industry.
Experience or knowledge of the following would also be beneficial:
- Infrastructure Encryption and Key Management - including Server / Storage Encryption, HSMs, SSL / TLS Configuration.
- Infrastructure and Application Monitoring platforms - such as New Relic, OpsGenie
- Web Security Proxies / Gateways
- Load Balancing Technologies / Application Delivery Controllers - such as Azure Application Gateways and Load Balancers
- Network and Security Appliances and Technologies - such as Alert Logic, Qualys, Dell Secureworks
- ITILv3 and Service Management Principles
- Vendor Certifications - e.g., Microsoft Azure certifications, Microsoft MCSA / MCSE, Microsoft, approved / certified training courses
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Self-motivated, with a desire to acquire knowledge and proactively improve platforms and solutions.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively to deliver objectives and find answers to problems.
- Must be approachable, dependable, and trustworthy, with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, managing a busy workload in a frequently changing environment, whilst always remaining calm.
- Able to explain potentially complex IT problems and issues to non-IT users.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application!