£600 - £650 per day + Inside IR35
2 months ago
PLATFORM SOLUTION ENGINEER
SC required & willingness to undergo DV if required.
Location: Corsham (flexible due to Covid but will need to be able to travel to Corsham on occasion)
6 MONTH Contract
£600-650 per day inside IR35
The Platform Solution Engineering Service is responsible for the design and development of the core elements of the NSoIT(D) Platform. The primary focus of this service is to undertake and coordinate all development tasks related to the design of the core platform as agreed by the Engineering Management Team via the Programme Increment planning process. The Platform Solution Engineering service's responsibilities include:
Platform Solution Engineer requirements:
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
- Writing technical requirements and producing detailed solution designs.
- Conducting rational product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
- Successfully running a large development team, ensuring delivery timescales are met.
Platform Engineer experience:
- VMware's Software Defined Networking Product - NSX-V & NSX-T, to deliver secure multi-tenancy solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems at expert level.
- Additional Microsoft based technologies such as Exchange, Skype, SQL and Group Policy.
- Microsoft Windows 10, various Linux implementations from thick client to zero client VDI solutions.
Experience in the design and delivery of:
- Public and Private cloud architectures utilising Software Defined Datacentre (SDDC) techniques.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN 6.5, Site Recovery Manager 8.1 and Horizon 7.4.
- Government Grade Cryptography Provisioning and Management
- Military Information Services such as NATO FAS, UK Base Services and MOD Business management apps.
- Security implementations such as PKI and proxy services e.g. ADFS in line with MOD Security assurance processes.
- Past experience of delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- Proven track record of implementing NCSC design patterns.
- An understanding of Defence Lines of Development and MOD Capability Integration.
- A firm grasp of MOD Service management tooling and ITIL.