Horsham, West Sussex
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Bens
2 months ago
Salary: Up to £35k
A leading Engineering / Manufacturing business are seeking a PMO Administrator - Technologically Literate Administrator, with strong communication and organisational skills.
This role will be predominately based remotely or in Horsham.
Purpose of the Job:
The Project Management Office (PMO) is a centralised function within the company that provides expertise, standards, and support to managing programmes and projects. Its main responsibilities are to:
- Provide enabling processes to continuously support management of programme and project work throughout the organisation, ensuring alignment to the business's strategic direction.
- Provide expertise on project types, governance, processes, tools & templates
- Maintain a repository of documents, processes, and templates
- Administer and own the PPM system
- Support business planning and analysis of actual work completed
- Provide information to our Board and Committees
- Deliver training on new tools, processes, templates, and governance changes as applicable
- Project management and reporting activity to enabling fast and effective business decisions
- Document and track the appropriate level of documentation and approval of the companies' Portfolios of programme/projects ensuring accuracy and compliance to process
- Prompt relevant people for required documentation/actions to be completed
- Timely collation and review of relevant documentation for review/approval at Steering Committee meetings with Senior Programme Managers
- Oversee the process of new PEF from draft to approval, including allocation of code and name
- Oversee the process of PAP (Project Approval pack) and PCA (Project Change Approvals)
- Manage Approvals process (Resource Manager Approval process for PAP and PCAs, SC Approvals etc)
- Creation of Purchase Orders
- Ensure all project documents of record and all related correspondence and approvals are consistently filed, managed and categorised in the Document management system (Sharepoint)
- Keep/file record of key meetings (Steering Committee meeting minutes/decisions/actions)and follow up with any approvals/decisions relevant to the PMO to ensure PMO actions are complete
- Scheduling of regular team/management meetings
- Ensure Project system records are accurate and up to date with current approval level / status / dates
- Update resource profiles when new starters/movers are communicated, and Coordinate inductions as appropriate. Send welcome email and new starter check list for PMO members.
- With the PMO Ops Manager, Ensure Controlled Documents area is maintained and accurate. Support the PMO Ops Manager with ISO related activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong Administration and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Technologically literate
- Experienced user of BI, SharePoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in extracting data from multiple sources/systems
- Some experience of Project or Portfolio Management systems desirable
- Some data analysis and reporting experience desirable
- Flexible, Self-motivated, and approachable
- Possess an analytical and technical approach with a clear passion for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate confidently with people across the business