£350 - £400 per day + Inside IR35
about 1 year ago
Active DV Clearance required for this project - due to immediate start
Farnborough - Approx. 3 days on site 2 days Remote
6 Month Contract
£350-400 per day Inside IR35
We are looking for a PMO Analyst to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer on an exciting and critical system, delivering technical services in a dynamic environment This role fits within the Defence business in the UK. Working in the Land, Air and Maritime domains, this role is expected to predominantly support on delivery programmes but may also support some Bid activities.
Specific Job Description:
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a PMO Analyst to work alongside the Senior Programme Manager for our Government client supporting a multi-functional team and to manage the project processes for delivery, change and new business. This position is also available as a fulltime, permanent.
Responsibility for managing Project activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- Ensure that robust Programme Processes are followed, maintained, and applied in accordance with industry best practice
- Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
- Supporting contract management and development activities so completion is not delayed supporting the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
- Proven track record in successfully supporting projects or task work packages.
- Able to demonstrate experience in Project Controller role.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier, and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication using e-mail, presentations and reports
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.
- Defence knowledge would be highly advantageous