£450 - £490 per day
11 months ago
12 months +
+ SC Cleared role
+ Remote based with occasional travle to London
+ £450 to £490 per day
+ Inside IR35
Microsoft Project Server
Project Management Office
The PMO Lead is responsible for managing the PMO function on the complex/large-scale project/service (or portfolio of projects/services) and contributing to the overall management of the programme.
* Project initiation and set-up
* Financial status, including invoicing and cash collection
* Risk, issue and dependency management
* Contractual status including contract change management
* Quality assurance
* Audit status and action tracking
* Internal and external compliance to applicable standards
* Project closure and lessons learnt
* Establishes and leads the delivery of the PMO function for a large/complex project/service including managing other PMO leads and delegating responsibilities and objectives as appropriate.
* Ensures all PMO activities are completely to time, cost and quality standards, challenging extant processes and identifies and delivers cost-savings/margin improvement.
* Contributes pro-actively and effectively as a member of the engagement management team.
* Works with senior stakeholders internally to review progress and manage risk, issues and dependencies within the context of the overall programme.
* Manages complex and challenging risk profiles, and proposes reliable and sustainable solutions and remedial action.
* Establishes and maintains effective client relationships at senior levels which contribute quantifiably to the success of the engagement and securing follow-on work.
* Guides and supports Project and Service Delivery Managers, ensuring effective project and service delivery management discipline is followed across the engagement.
* Ensures that complex/multiple project plans are properly maintained and provides accurate, meaningful and timely reporting and analysis, including to the most senior levels.
* Ensures that a comprehensive risk register is established and maintained, and understood by all relevant parties. Presents thorough analysis and recommendation on which strategic decisions can be based.
* Manages and reports of complex project financials including revenue, margin, contingency and cash collection, a pro-actively analysing and identifying issues which potentially impact the programme or wider BU.
* Ensures that contractual requirements are fully understood by all parties and that the implication of changes are clearly understood and articulated. Assesses and escalates potential non-compliance.
* Manages complex and challenging resource requirements and puts workforce planning processes in place, and that process are in place to ensure effective induction and on-boarding.
* Implements effective engagement governance processes, selecting appropriate methods and tools in line with the Management Foundation and contractual commitments.
* Exploits expert knowledge of applicable components of the Management Foundation, PMO Services, PMO processes/methods, industry best practice, and project management methodology to enhance the success of the engagement.
* Demonstrates a deep understating of applicable quality standards, internal and external, and mentors and coaches their direct reports in their implementation and applicability.
* Manages the engagement with relevant audit and assurance teams internal and externally.
* Project Management accreditation
* P3O accreditation