£60000 - £65000 per annum + additional benefits
2 months ago
Location: Bracknell/ Stevenage
Salary: £60,000-£65,000 (+bonus and car)
Remote working: Some available
We are looking for a PMO Manager to ensure effective PMO control to support successful Project and Program delivery. You will ensure and advise upon effective PMO resource management as well as the consistent use of Project Management methods and processes. Your role will involve providing overall management and leadership to the PMO team(s) aligned to a large and complex program.
- Reporting to the Transition Project Manager you will be responsible for leading the PMO team in the creation and maintenance of the transition project plans, monitoring mechanisms, status reports, information management, and cost and revenue transaction management.
- The role requires strong leadership and management skills to ensure the integrity of the PMO Services. The PMO Manager will build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across the Programme and with wider corporate stakeholders within Commercial, Governance and Finance. In addition, the role holder must ensure that strong and positive relationships are built with PMO counterparts and stakeholders within the Authority to enable the most seamless engagement possible.
- PMO services will be defined in more detail depending on the requirements of the specific account or business area but at a high level PMO Services may include:
- Governance and Control
- Communications, Reporting and Management Information
- RAID Management
- Financial Management
- Change Management
- Resource Management
- Provides expert level advice and guidance regarding all aspects of the PMO service to the Project or Program team and peer level contacts within the customer organization.
- Attends and contributes to regular meetings with other specialist areas such as subject champions and brings knowledge to their assignment.
- Acts as point of escalation to manage the resolution of potential problems within any of the PMO services area and actively supports the Project or Program in order to comply with any associated policies.
- Adheres to and supports the maintenance of the PMO Best Practice standards and manages operational performance, process effectiveness, configuration, change, documentation, and management information, reporting and communication processes.
- Background in mobilising and managing PMO teams for large customer facing IT projects.
- Experienced in managing PMO budgets in terms of cost forecasting and reviewing actual costs against forecasts.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining processes to support the control of projects and programs.
- People management experience, both at an assignment level as well as Performance and Line Management experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project).