£374 - £376 per day
almost 2 years ago
6 Months +
Power Systems Engineer
£375 a day
Power Systems Engineer: You will join a leading aerospace company, and work at the leading edge of technology to improve on a HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) platform. Specifically you will contribute technical and engineering expertise into the development and delivery of fit-for-purpose power sub-system solutions suitable for recurring production and operation of the aircraft.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary product engineering teams, and with the wider aircraft system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and cost effective electrical power sub-system solutions to time, cost and quality. This comprises battery assemblies; solar arrays; power management electronics and bespoke test equipment and other Ground Support Equipment to handle and process the hardware].
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders, to develop solutions that will satisfy regulatory safety requirements within a flight operations and aircraft maintenance environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Engineering or a relevant science subject.
- Direct experience with analysing/evaluating battery technology designs and data is essential. In particular, in the field of advanced Lithium based chemistry batteries.
- Proven experience of developing new product solutions for cutting edge applications.
- Experience in the application of DFx during development is desirable.
- Experience in establishing effective test and verification plans, equipment and methods is highly desirable.
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g. MATLAB or similar) is desirable.
- Experience of taking technology solutions through New Product Introduction (NPI) phases would be advantageous.
Apply now and I will call to discuss your situation and this role in more depth