£55000 - £65000 per annum
10 days ago
Principal Civil (CS&A) Technician
Location: Warrington, Leicester or Bristol - hybrid working available
Up to £65,000
A leading nuclear engineering organisation is looking for a Principal Civil (CS&A) Engineer join their busy team with either Warrington, Leicester or Bristol locations available.
You will form a leading role within the design team undertaking traditional and bespoke designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites and dockyards. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, concrete remediation works, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally.
You will be involved in the oversight, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning.
Areas of Responsibility include;
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
- Concept and Feasibility studies for complex multi discipline design projects.
- Oversight, verification and leadership of Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla Structural Designer and Robot as well as hand calculations.
- Oversight, verification and leadership for the preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical Reports, Inter-discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Preparation of bid documentation and task estimates.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
- Provide technical support to other members of the team.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Responsible for the management of project delivery.
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer or equivalent
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.
- Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
- It would be advantageous to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
- Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.