Principal Hardware Engineer - Optoelectronics
Quickview: OTN, Ethernet, embedded firmware, physical layer standards, optical networks, performance management
Company: High Technology Manufacturer
Location: Paignton (Supports remote working)
Rate: £450 - £500 a day (Outside IR35)
Principal Hardware Engineer: The successful candidate will be an expert in OTN and Ethernet protocols for framers and Digital Signal Processors. In particular beyond 100G (OTN B100G) solutions using OTUCn, FlexO and also >100Gbps Ethernet and FlexE. A knowledge of OTN and Ethernet defects and performance monitoring methods and signalling is also required.
The successful candidate may work remotely but will be expected to visit the Paignton office as required and support customer or supplier visits (primarily EMEA).
A global manufacturer of high tech electronic components whose use touches many areas of our lives. They have a strong focus on research and development and a drive to remain the market leader.
Your core skills and competencies
- Direct experience of OTN (beyond 100G transport) and Ethernet (100G and above) framing protocols and be fully conversant in the related monitors and alarms
- Familiarity the ITU-T G.709 and related documents
- Familiarity with IEEE802.3 -2018
- Verification testing of OTN and Ethernet client interfaces
- Knowledge of FEC coding techniques
Apply now and I will call you to discuss this role in more depth