£110000 - £120000 per annum + Shares & Benefits
7 months ago
Process Engineering Director - Semiconductor Industry
+ World Leader in Optical Components and Lasers
+ Cradle to grave design, development & manufacture
+ Strategic/R&D Director in Semiconductor processing
+ Excellent £6 figure salary
+ Blue chip benefits including $100,000+ in RSUs
+ Relocation assistance as required
Market-leading designer and manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and laser applications worldwide. Their optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and datacenter network. Lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities.
+ Significant investment in this site including a second wafer fab
+ Building into new markets including automotive
+ Feel good factor at this site - this role is expansion
+ Strategic role - working closely with R&D to create a division for the future:
What new tools will you need
What new processes should we adopt
Setting up Scientific and Academic relationships for future growth/R&D
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Process Engineering Function.
This position requires very close collaboration with Manufacturing, R and D, Epitaxial Growth and Equipment Engineering.
1) Developing a talented group of technical engineers to create manufacturing processes which are robust, sustainable and repeatable.
2) Working closely with R and D develop and deliver Fab Process Roadmaps that align with the future technology requirement of the Products we manufacture: Current and Future.
3) Create a data driven culture which makes full use of statistical methods such as SPC, DOE and datamining using packages such as JMP.
4) Utilise an FMEA based approach to minimise risks and work with R and D to ensure that the PDRL process includes Design for Manufacturability(DFM) considerations.
5) Create a 'learning organisation' continuously developing to meet the needs of the business.
1)Master's degree in Physics, Chemistry or Engineering.
2)Minimum 10 year experience in the semiconductor industry, 5 at a management level, preferably Process Engineering manager.
3)Experienced in managing technical teams of up to 20 people.
4)Extensive knowledge of statistical methods like DOE, SPC.
5) Project Management experience would be an asset.
Ideally candidates will have experience with Compound Semiconductors but Silicon is also very much of interest.
Other roles are available if this is not quite right for you as the company has expansion plans !