West Sussex, England
almost 2 years ago
Process Team Leader
Based in West Sussex
£50,000 - £60,000
A world leader in the renewable energy sector is looking for an experienced Process Team Leader. This role is exciting position as you will be leading a team of highly skilled scientists and technicians to work on my clients innovative new technology.
The team will provide expert advice on material processing and selections for a variety of projects. As well as be involved with developing the next generation of material processes for new energy devices. Your responsibility will be to ensure the project is to the correct quality and time scale but ultimately to develop the team so they can become the best scientist and engineers in the world!
Key responsibilities - Process Team Leader - West Sussex
- Line management of 6 to 8 highly qualified scientists/engineers/technicians in the Process team.
- Supporting project managers with effort estimation at the project planning stage.
- Allocating work and tracking resource utilisation levels across the team.
- Recruiting new staff and contracting technical expertise externally where required.
- Defining, updating and tracking metrics for the team performance.
- Ensuring that team output is at the highest quality level.
- Coaching, training and supporting the team in their work.
- Ensuring that the resources required by the team are in place, properly maintained, up-to-date and efficient.
- Supporting, developing and managing the relationships of the team with the rest of the business.
Skills/Experience/Knowledge - Process Team Leader - West Sussex
- A deep technical understanding and curiosity for materials processing techniques particularly relating to SOFC and similar new energy applications.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the field after completion of a materials science or related degree.
- At least 2 years in a team management or leading position with line management responsibility.
- Demonstrable leadership skills: able to provide motivation, direction, coaching. Leading by example.
- Experience of coaching and development of scientific and transferable skills.
- Experience of leading technical projects.
- Understanding of and practised user of 6-sigma statistical tools.
- Experience in leading complex, problem resolution activities.
- Excellent communicator: capable of making concise summaries and building and maintaining effective relationships.
If you are interested in the position above and fit the required skill set, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'