North West London, London
£24000 - £27000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our Client, an international multi-channel retailer and brand owner with a portfolio of brands across home appliances, health and beauty, and sports and outdoor product markets. Through our own e-commerce websites, high street retailers, and marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and ManoMano we sell thousands of products a day in over nine countries across the globe.
In the past three years we've grown in excess of four hundred percent to become the seventh fastest growing company in the UK. To continue this rise, we are on the lookout for a Product Development Assistant fluent in spoken and written Mandarin and English to join our Production Team, a passionate group of individuals who take products from concept to commercialised reality.
This opportunity is perfect for an individual with one or two years of experience in a production environment. Reporting to our Head of Production you will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the day-to-day development for both new and current products. You will work closely with teams from across the business to learn the entire product development process and be in the exciting position of seeing products come to life and sold to customers the world over.
Some Of What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the Head of Production and suppliers to develop new products and improve existing products.
- Source new suppliers and products from China and across the world to fulfil new product development and strengthen our product offering.
- Work with suppliers to manage production of new and existing product samples in line with target specifications and improved specifications ready for product development meetings.
- Support the Head of Production in both contract and initial pricing negotiation and maintain and update profit models to ensure competitive pricing.
- Manage factory audits for new suppliers and construction checks for new product and current product development with compliance team and compliance partners.
- Uphold product and supplier information files through various databases to ensure they are up to date.
Who You Are:
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin and English.
- Eligibility to work in the UK for at least 12 months with the potential of sponsorship afterwards.
- Passion for e-commerce and physical products.
- Self starter with an inquisitive nature.
- Analytical mindset and strategic thinker.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills and a clear communicator.
- Enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects.
You Want To Work For Us Because:
- You want to join a company that invests in their employees and provides them with opportunities that may not exist elsewhere.
- You want to join a company that's at the forefront of e-commerce and retail, one where decisions are made in seconds, not months.
- You want to take on meaningful tasks with real responsibilities from day one.
- You want the opportunity to leave your mark and make a difference.