£50000 - £55000 per annum + Strong Corporate Package
over 1 year ago
Product Development Manager - Mechanical Focus
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a hugely successful Engineering company whose products are used on a global scale within the consumer market. As a Product Development Manager you will be working on electro-mechanical consumer products focussing on the innovation and then the delivery to market, working with 3rd parties to upscale the manufacturing whilst mindful of cost saving and sustainability.
Coming from an engineering background you will be focussed on project deliveries, developing the consumer electronic products for mid to high volume manufacturing. Initiate and manage technical activities involved in the design and execution of devices and product packaging. Work with product development colleagues to define robust and thorough qualification programs to approve product hardware.
Your role as Product Development Manager will include:
- Work with internal and external global third party suppliers, developing designs as well as qualification 'off the shelf' technologies.
- Ensure that new innovations meet agreed specification related to performance, quality, regulatory and cost requirements.
- Support PMO by recording progress and driving completion of actions through disciplined use of project trackers
- Work with the product development team to support markets, supply chain, quality assurance, regulatory and operations teams.
- Ensure that product approval elements are completed before product technical sign off.
- Support the business through root cause analysis and resolution of product quality both pre & post-launch.
You will be able to showcase the following:
- Degree within Engineering
- Mechanical focus - working as a Mechanical Design perspective on products
- Experience of delivering products across the full lifecycle, all the way through to delivery to market
- Working within consumer goods
- Commercially astute with an understanding of product cost structures and knowledge of financial considerations required to assess the commercial viability of new development initiatives.
- Knowledge of regulatory affairs at a regional or international level would be beneficial
- Lean manufacturing experience - Six Sigma etc would be highly beneficial
If you are interested in working on exciting cutting edge products and have experience developing products through to manufacture we are keen to hear from you. Working for an established organisation that will offer hybrid working along with the opportunity to work in their new Technology Centre apply now.