£30000 - £38000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing new product introduction and engineering change, ensuring all build documentation data is accurate and up to date. You will become the focal point between Manufacturing and Engineering, prioritising these requests in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
Within this role you will:
- Create build Instructions for new products and update as required with support from Engineering and Production Teams.
- Application of Lean Manufacturing principles to continually improve productivity and reduce lead times for all current and future products.
- Represent the Production team at all relevant Engineering Design Reviews ensuring that Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) are embedded within the product development cycle giving maximum quality and efficiency at the lowest cost.
- Lead and supervise the production of engineering prototypes and pre-production models.C
- reate, manage and authorise all supporting build documentation, programmes, data, files and reports so that they are created and maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support Bid Proposals through delivery of accurate and relevant information to the Bid Team
- Liaise with the Production Manager and Engineering to provide accurate build time estimation for use in scheduling and resource planning.
- Continuous review of all current manufacturing processes to drive a rapid response culture.
Ideally you will have:
- HNC/Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Production Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of Lean manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of workflow management
- Knowledge of Mechanical or Electronic Design a distinct advantage