West Sussex, England
£30000 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
Based in West Sussex
A market leading technology manufacturing company are looking for a Production Manager. The role is a vital part of my clients prototyping operation. The role requires you to lead motivate and develop employees and supervisors to improve and achieve manufacturing performance. You will be using a range of lean tools to support continuous improvement throughout the production area.
Production Manager - Key Responsibilities - West Sussex
- Provide business and technical leadership necessary to ensure the prototype team meets and/or exceed key goals.
- Oversee the process, develop and execute to a challenging schedule.
- Create and promote an environment where all employees are encouraged to reach their full potential by providing employee coaching and development.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of technical manufacturing processes and ensure that first-level supervisors are progressively developing technical expertise.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and process.
- Guarantee that the prototype facilities and finished products meet the company standards of quality and safety.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting and forecasting department resources including staffing, inventory, production equipment, maintenance and other production support items.
- Manages departmental performance metrics and provides regular progress reports to Senior Leadership.
Production Manager - Knowledge/skills/experience - West Sussex
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS products and MRP systems
- Exceptional project, planning and resource management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and rapid manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality standards
- Effective in making decisions under pressure
- Focused on results with the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to form strong highly function teams
- Strong understanding of health and safety procedures
If you are interested in this role and fit the skill set above. Please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'