Up to £450 per day
14 days ago
Location: Bristol (3 days on site per week)
Rate: £450p/d inside ir35
Contract: 6 months
- Support the Project Managers with the creation and maintenance of Project plans.
- Develop reports to support project and programme reporting requirements.
- Support the Programme Managers with the maintenance and development of the Programme Plans, and Programme status reports
- Support the Project and Programme Manager with alignment of internal and external dependencies across project and programme plans
- Identify and review Risks and Issues as a result of any slippage to the plan.
- Identify and review Assumptions on which the project and programme Plans are based.
- Manage regular project status updates and risks & issues, dependencies and and assumptions to key stakeholders internally and externally
- Establish and maintain quality assurance processes to monitor the quality of project reporting and deliverables to drive improvements across the programme
- Assist in the Mentoring and coaching Programme and Project Managers in the adoption of the project planning approaches and standards
- Work closely with the programme PMO Manager to develop the required governance for planning activities.
- Significant experience managing plans of large scale programmes.
- Experience working with Government projects
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Visio/project
- Experience of managing programme plans in a similar fast paced environment with constant change
- Coaching qualification/experience
- Understanding of Mobile Networks
Skills Required for the Job:
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple plan versions.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and inconsistencies in a collaborative way.
- Project Management (Prince2 or equivalent, MSP).
- Expert in use of planning tools, particulary Microsoft Project.
- Security cleared to BPSS level.
- Delivering quality plans in line with Government expectations
- Keeping the plan up to date with fast moving complex programme
- Establishing discipline and process across the programme workstreams
The Emergency Services Network (ESN) is a huge strategic priority for BT and our commitment to do the best for our customer and our country. ESN will be the most advanced Emergency Services Network in the world - once again, BT/EE will be helping Britain to be a world leader in mobile.
Growing coverage, enhancing reliability and increasing resilience will be the most important elements of building this vital communications network, which the Emergency Services will rely on to save lives and protect us all.
The ESN will replace the existing Airwave network and will be built on the existing 4G network and will provide essential new voice, data services and critical comms to 300,000 members of Britain's Blue Light teams. It's also expected that the new network will save the government around £1 million a day.
Our consumer and business customers will benefit from expanded 4G coverage and enhanced network reliability.
Technology Delivery are accountable for :
- Delivering the Technology Delivery roadmap and commitments
- Creating an Integrated team to manage end to end delivery across Technology
- Creating excellent customer/supplier relationships across EE