A global leading engineering consultancy now have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join their to join their team at their site based in Hampshire. You will be responsible for managing the test and certification projects for customers primarily in the Defence and Aerospace business. You will also have the additional responsibility for managing a number of large key accounts to deliver on key customer requirements, develop relationships to grow the business, and managing one-stop projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Business Line Managers to set and manage the strategic relationship with key accounts and to ensure that pipeline plans are developed on a rolling 12-month basis.
- Day-to-day commercial management of specified Key Accounts to retain and grow sales and achieve order and profitability targets.
- Hold regular conference calls/meetings with Key Accounts to monitor on-going and upcoming projects.
- Take action when required to improve process/work flow.
- Hold Quarterly Meetings (or as agreed) with Key Accounts and Business Line Manager to review KPI statistics, suggestions for improvement etc.
- Set up annual meetings with your Key Account and the Business Line Manager and Commercial Director to carry out an annual review, including any contractual matters/pricing arrangements etc.
- Carry out an annual review of your key account with your Business Line Manager. Set annual sales & profitability targets which will be part of your SMART objectives in your PDR.
- Provide quotations to Key Accounts, actively progress quote conversion and ensure that all quotes have been technically validated.
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in engineering or equivalent technical engineering experience.
- A good understanding of the customers' current and future needs and perspectives, their internal processes and able to develop relevant solutions that anticipate customer requirements and proactively improve the customer experience.
- A good understanding of practical financial issues and commercial fundamentals. Understands the key profit drivers and how areas/functions contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- Results orientated, driven to consistently deliver, plans for contingencies and looks for opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise workload based on client and business requirements.
- A good team player with a positive "can-do" attitude who actively and positively engages with colleagues with a proactive approach to change and self-development.
- Experience of dealing with international customers.
- Competent and relevant business tools with excellent Microsoft Office skills.