West Sussex, England
£30000 - £40000 per annum
11 months ago
£30,000 - £40,000
A market leading and rapidly growing Engineering / Manufacturing company are seeking a Project Coordinator to support the Programme Managers / Directors across many aspects of project delivery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work in fast paced working environment and keen to develop and progress in their career.
My client has very interesting projects coming up at the moment and in this role you will be key person. They have partners all over Asia and Europe and you will have the opportunity to work with them. They need someone who has a 'can do attitude' and takes pride in their work.
If you have had previous project management tools and techniques within a technical environment, then this position is for you!
Responsibilities - Project Coordinator - West Sussex
Take a leading role in the following:
- Proactively promote Ceres values, principles and policies, ensuring that ethical, legal and corporate requirements are applied in all internal and external dealings
- Prepare and maintain the project plan, including key milestones and deliverables, ensuring that dependencies and resourcing needs are accurately defined to inform capacity planning activities
- Facilitate project reviews and maintain actions, issues and tracking documents
- Identify and declare opportunities to share project knowledge and outcomes to benefit Ceres on-going operations; ensure that lessons learnt throughout the project are documented and shared
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to achieve productivity and / or efficiency objectives
Provide a supporting role in the following:
- Identify and manage internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a good understanding of their influence and interests; ensuring that confidentiality requirements are maintained at all times
- Prepare, issue and obtain approval of the Project Charter in accordance with the Ceres Project Delivery Process; ensure that the Charter is maintained throughout the project life-cycle including the effects of changes in scope, timing and cost
- Deliver projects in accordance with the Ceres Project Delivery Process and in compliance with the Ceres Quality Procedures
- Manage internal and external costs through consistent planning and tracking; maintaining accurate variance to plan, forecast and cost to complete information
- Proactively manage the project risks, recording their identification, quantification and mitigation in the risk register and monitoring them accordingly; know when to escalate risks to senior management
- Prepare and maintain project management reports in accordance with the Ceres reporting framework through regular and structured project reviews
- Identify and manage changes in project scope, timing and cost through the Ceres Change Control Notification process; ensuring that controlled documents (e.g. Project Charter) are updated and approved as required by the process
Knowledge/skills/experience - Project Coordinator - West Sussex
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years' project management experience in a supporting role or other role with transferrable skills gained in a technical organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of project management techniques underpinned by technical background
- Experience as a project coordinator or junior project manager within technically complex engineering projects from R&D through to start of production/product launch
- Experience of customer and supplier relationship management
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and situations, working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Excel, particularly with data handling, data analysis and report creation
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'