Brighton, East Sussex
£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Project Engineer - Aerospace
Based in Brighton - Split remote working
Up to £55,000,
You will be working as a Project Engineer for an exciting innovative market leading high tech Aerospace company.
You will be responsible for schedule execution and partnering with functional engineering managers to ensure proper identification and deployment of engineering resources required for program execution. The Project Engineer role will have visibility and interface with executive leadership for program briefings. This will be mostly based in the office due to the nature of liaison with multiple department and coordination of activities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, and quality as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Planning and management of the products / projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules.
- Successful startup, including staffing, robust mitigation plans and establishment of the technical baseline and change management process
- Establishment and execution of detailed integrated master schedules
- Review of earned value metrics such as CPI, SPI, TCPI, and ETC to drive program focus
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement as evidenced by executed improvement projects
- Maintaining forecasted demand signal on resource needs and partnering with the EMs, talent acquisition and supply chain on development of plans for accomplishing the engineering work
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant experience in a similar role with a relevant qualification
- Previous Aerospace industry experience
- Experience the project lifecycle including requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines with a background in mechanical engineering or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Proficient with MS project and other MS Office packages
- Functional management experience or direct involvement in resource management forecasting and placement is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in the role above, do not hesistate and 'APPLY NOW'