West Sussex, England
£45000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
Automotive Project Engineer
Based in West Sussex
£45,000 - £50,000
A leading Defence/Automotive manufacturer who specialise in protection solutions are looking for a experienced Project Engineer to support the current Chief Engineer in their new exciting up and coming projects.
This role gives you an excellent opportunity to work for established successful company and due to their growth they need a Project Engineer to come into their business and take ownership of particular projects and product modules and ensure they are success with minimal risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES - PROJECT ENGINEER - WEST SUSSEX
- Lead during all phases of product delivery from pre-bid phase through to series production
- Responsible for the product ensure the engineering correctness for particular projects and all of the supporting data
- Composing technical specification and test specifications
- Conduct root cause analysis this will include fault-finding and testing the automotive systems
- Support the prototype development and rig design/building
- Help the design team with any manufacturing issues during the initial design phase
- Oversee the engineering change activity for each project you take on
- Support the Chief Engineer in project reviews for the customer
- Coordinate the transition from prototyping to full production through close liaison with supply chain function.
KEY SKILL/EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Must have automotive industry experience
- New product development experience
- Understand the whole project lifecycle
- Proficient in using engineering tools such as DVP, DFMEA and FEA
- Experience in product configuration and value engineering
- A clear understanding of vehicle attribute management and delivery.
If you are interested in the position above and want to find out more please 'APPLY NOW'