£25 - £35 per hour
4 days ago
Project Engineer (Contract)
Location: Yeovil, Somerset - hybrid flexibility
Duration: initial 6 months (possible extension / T2P)
Rate: £25 - £35 per hour, inside IR35
A leading aerospace manufacturer organisation is looking for a Project Engineer (Contract) to join their busy team based in Yeovil, Somerset.
The successful applicant will be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within the organisation. You will be working on complex aerospace engineering projects across a variety of remits including Environmental Control Systems (ECS), Hydraulics, and Life Support Systems (LSS).
Areas of Responsibility include;
- Create project plans, schedules, and determine milestones to customer expectations using earned value metrics.
- Monitor and maintain project plans, ensure focus is maintained to milestone adherence to ensure products are delivered on time.
- Create and monitor the progress of work packages for internal suppliers to support technical and schedule adherence.
- Build internal and external customer relationships throughout projects to ensure completion.
- Ensuring that projects run within cost, quality, and time metrics.
- Management of requirements, including requirements validation and the appropriate allocation of requirements
- Co-ordinate and Lead Design Reviews in accordance with HAY procedures
- Manage project risks and mitigation plans.
- HND/HNC/Degree in mechanical engineering/aerospace
- Previous experience of working within a project engineering environment, and an understanding of the engineering lifecycle of a product from conception to commissioning.
- A strong understanding and experience of working with suppliers and integrated supply chains and how and where they fit in the project lifecycle.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Project, or a similar project forecasting system
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.